I wrote a book

Holding copy of Foreign Voices

As well as being an English Writing Coach, I'm a writer myself. Here's a picture of me holding a copy of my first book, Foreign Voices.

More about that later. First, here's a report about my time teaching English in Nepal, where I volunteered at a very inspiring primary school.


primary school playground in Nepal with students

Anapurna mountains in Nepal

Project founder and Heaven Hill Academy Principal Shamser Thapa has been nominated in the top 50 for the Global Teacher Prize 2019. His work, the project and of course the views were truly inspiring.


giving a piggy back to a schoolchild


Unfortunately, after only one week, I had to return to the UK due to my father's ill health. I would love to go back to Besisahar, and wish Shamser luck with the teaching prize.


***


English Coach and Famous Writer


One positive to come from being back at home, is that I've been able to finish my book. Foreign Voices, my first collection of short stories is now available. Those who have read my writing before will know that I am not someone 'trying my hand' at short stories, before writing a novel. I live and breathe short stories.

This book has been years in the making, and is an achievement that I'm immensely proud of. It is no coincidence that it is called Foreign Voices - I've spent years living abroad and travelling. In a way, this blog was the humble beginning to the story of this book.

foreign voices by Philip Charter
Foreign Voices is available now in paperback and eBook formats. If you have read and enjoyed Tall Travels over the years, the best Christmas present you could get me would be that you buy a copy, and leave a review!

I hope that the book goes down well, and is the first of many.


***


I'll be heading back to Spain in the New Year and hope to tell you about lots of exciting business, travel and writing ventures.


All that remains to be said, is to wish you all a happy holiday season, and close down another year of travelling and being tall.


Phil


2022 Update: My second collection is now available via Amazon!